This recipe serves 6.
1 - 20 oz. package of refrigerated or frozen cheese-filled tortellini
1 - 6 oz. package of fresh baby spinach leaves
1 - 8 oz. piece of cooked ham steak, cubed
1 large red bell pepper, diced
1/4 Cup (or a 1/2 stick) of butter (DO NOT substitute margarine)
Coarsely ground black pepper (optional)
- In a stock pot bring salted water to a boil and cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Add butter to a 10-12 inch skillet over medium heat. Heat 5-7 minutes or until butter is a deep brown color. Occasionally swirling skillet.
- As tortellini cook and butter browns, place spinach into a large colander. Dice ham and red pepper.
- When butter is brown immediately add bell pepper and reduce the heat to low.
- When tortellini is tender, drain over the spinach.
- To the skillet add ham, spinach, and tortellini. Toss to coat.
- Season with coarsely ground black pepper (optional).