Friday, August 24, 2012

Breakfast Favorites

What is your favorite breakfast?  Are you a salty or a sweet???  Don't get me wrong....I love pancakes, waffles, cinnamon rolls or just plain ol' toast and jelly BUT my go to breakfasts are savory and stick to your ribs. 

Even on weekday mornings before work...I'll make omelets, breakfast sandwiches, or sometimes just eggs and toast.  If I eat cereal or oatmeal I'm hungry again by 10am, but a hearty breakfast can keep me satisfied until noon. 

Here is my latest fav....BREAKFAST BURRITOS!!!


They are super easy and portable.  Just warm your tortilla in the microwave for about 15 seconds so it rolls nicely.  Fill it with your favorites.  As seen above I like peppers, onions, egg whites, and a little cheese. 

Try these other favorite combos:  ~ egg whites, mushrooms & swiss cheese ~ egg whites, spinach & feta cheese ~ bacon, egg & cheddar cheese ~ turkey sausage, egg & pepperjack cheese

But what about the weekends when you have a little more time?

On the weekends.....it's game on!!!!  Still simple, but just with a little more lovin.

Here I diced potatoes, onions, peppers and cooked until just tender. Then I made little wells in the cooked potatoes and cracked an egg in each pocket.  As long as your skillet is oven safe pop it into the oven set to about 375 degree oven until the eggs are set to your liking. 

Bacon:  Team Skillet? or Team Oven?

Here I cooked it in the oven.  I think both have their pros and cons, but the clean up of oven verses skillet is hard to beat, isn't it?




Now...if this doesn't stick to your ribs...I'm not sure what will?

Have a happy breakfast....sometimes even for dinner!!!



No comments: