Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Welcome!

Here it is. My second attempt at a food blog. If you are interested, I actually half assed run another blog called Clearance Rack Recipes. However, it was a bit limiting. Only healthy stuff on the menu there. Which just may have been the reason I've neglected it. While, I do try to eat healthy 80% of the time the other 20%.....it's game on!!! THIS girl likes...no LOVES to eat!!! So...in an attempt to keep myself from being deleted from my Facebook friends who are tired of seeing my food posts...here I am. For those of you who have followed me here. THANK YOU! ♥xoxo♥


This week I got a little pep in my step when one of my recipes was published in a magazine. Okay....whatever... so it was a farm magazine and probably only has a circulation of about two-thousand at best, but hey it was really cool seeing my name in a magazine next to something I love so very much....my RECIPES! Oh, and I got an Amish cookbook as a prize too! I love the Amish....so that was exciting. Also, a big shout out to my friend, Jan, for bringing me the little blurb asking for readers to submit recipes. Without you, my chili may not have reached those 2,000 farmer's tables this fall and winter. Haha!


So...in honor of my 15 minutes (maybe seconds) of fame, my first post will be my "published" recipe which is now famous amoungst American & Canadian farmers (yep, I'm international baby...LOL).

Okay, and not to burst your bubble, but Christmas is only 116 days away, so stop your bitchin' when you see it's a recipe for chili. I know it isn't exactly weather for chili, but it is just right around the corner, ya know? So, I hope you will enjoy it in the months ahead!


SWEET & SPICY BEER CHILI


INGREDIENTS
2 lbs of extra lean ground beef
1 large white onion, diced
1 large green pepper, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 – 4oz can of green chiles, undrained
¼ C Worcestershire sauce
2 T Tabasco sauce (or to taste)
1 T dried Italian Seasoning
¼ C dried chili powder
1 tsp. ground cayenne pepper (or to taste)
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tsp. salt
1 T ground cumin
2 T white sugar
2 T brown sugar
2 – 15 oz. cans of chili ready diced tomatoes
3 – 15 oz cans of spicy chili beans
28 oz can of tomato sauce (or a 15 oz can for a thicker chili)
1 – 12oz can of beer

DIRECTIONS
In a large stock pot, brown the ground beef. If needed, drain any fat. Add onions, green pepper, garlic, chiles, Italian seasoning, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, pepper flakes and sugars. Stir and cook together for approximately two minutes. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Cover and simmer on low heat for 2 hours – stirring occasionally. Best when refrigerated overnight then heated through and served the next day.


SERVES: 10 or more! Approximately 1 ½ cups per serving.




1 comment:

Anele said...

I am SO trying this when chili weather arrives which I pray is any day now!